Catholic Church St. Margareta
Hontheim was first mentioned in the archbishop's rights in 1250. Until 1803, the parish of Hontheim included not only the current branches of Wispelt and Krinkhof, but also Olkenbach with the nearby chapel of Heinzerath. In 1803, Olkenbach and Heinzerath were handed over to the parish of Bausendorf. The parish church was consecrated on 13 December 1736 by auxiliary bishop Lothar Friedrich von Nalbach. In 1852, the church was destroyed in a fire that destroyed 20 houses, and only the choir remained intact. The present building was erected between 1854 and 1856. The patron saint of the church was always St. Margaret. The high altar was dedicated to her, the side altar on the Gospel side to St. Lucia, on the Epistle side to St. Rochus and Sebastianus. Lucia and Sebastian are still regarded as second patrons today. A stone top of the high altar, dated 1665, still survives and was walled into the outer wall of the choir in 1846; it depicts the Crucifixion, Entombment and Resurrection of the Lord. In 1970 it was removed from the outer wall and after a long restoration period the reredos returned to the church in 2002. The choir also has a Gothic stone sacrament box.